phat code The number you have dialed is imaginary. Rotate phone 90 degrees and try again.
Main

Projects

Downloads

Articles

Links

Forum

View Message

Back to Messages
agamemnus Thu Nov 8 2007 at 9:50 pm
well...

Ok, I used exec a bit and it seemed to work.

Actually, I'm was having problems opening files with a program of mine that I compiled in FB on the server and I was using cron to compile the program and then modify it... I tried a lot of different paths...

I figured out that my current directory always seems to be "home/fsoft", so I opened the file for example like so:
"public_html/capitalopoly/data/somefile.php"

Now, though I am not getting any email messages (eg: from crontab). I don't know if this means my program is working, or if it is making such a terrible mess that it can't even send email output to me.

Also! I noticed that windows explorer's ftp interface sucks terribly. I couldn't copy files between my subserver's folders (had to copy to my HD first) and it seemed that copying a (linux) exe confuses the ftp connection... sometimes the new file (let's say "whosonline") doesn't change from the old version, even if the old version is deleted from the server and I copy in the new version... I had to keep changing names to whosonline2, 3, etc.. (I could rename in the server afterwards and it was OK)

Reply to this Message

Name
Subject
No HTML is allowed, except for <code> <b> <i> <u> in the message only.
All URLs and email addresses will automatically be converted to hyperlinks.